EDLounge was initially designed to prevent 34 students from being permanently excluded from one school over a term in our pilot year in 2008. It worked. It is now a powerful resource for your pupils to continue learning when working in an inclusion unit or for those that have been excluded. Our unique methodology gives every child the chance to succeed through the study of core subjects, allowing pupils to learn, progress and attain in an environment that is suited to their specific needs.
Work completed can be tracked and monitored to see the pupil's progress and data can be presented in the form of printable reports. With personalised pathways for your pupils to complete, knowledge and understanding can be developed whilst removing barriers to learning.
The EDLounge platform has proved successful in improving behaviour, minimising issues that may occur when a pupil returns to the mainstream classroom.
EDLounge provides a great tool for motivating and creating a positive learning system for NEETs, included, excluded, vulnerable, home educated, foundation, vocational, teenage pregnancy, injured or long term sick and fast track students alongside being used for target groups, C/D border students, or whole school approaches.
We now have over 60,000 students online, learning and gaining vocational qualifications in over 200 schools and academies.
Through EDLounge you can create user accounts and lessons instantly whilst bespoking your own lessons to create an individual programme within a learning pathway for students to follow.
As an organisation you can track all of the following:
- Improve disengaged students' knowledge and understanding within a range of subjects in a relaxed and enjoyable environment through interactive learning approaches
- Increase behaviour, motivation and attendance whilst promoting fun learning
- Gain foundation and vocational qualifications verified by AQA, EDEXCEL, NCFE, WJEC and City & Guilds
- Enable teaching staff to track and monitor graphical and theoretical data of a student's progress in English, Maths and Science alongside functional skills, core and vocational subjects
- Reduce exclusions, lower persistent absences and enhance learning whilst enabling the students to work independently. Time is then spent on their business and enterprises in EDVille
- Provide a new and innovative approach to your Alternative and Foundation Curriculum, as you can now prepare your students for their Maths and English qualifications through our functional skills lessons and areas
- Students can also receive attendance grades whilst completing lessons, assessment files and coursework through EDLounge.
- Student success is achieved through spending time on EDLounge and completing lessons
- You can reward students instantly for answers submitted, effort, grade, commitment, coursework, homework and time spent learning