Now, more than ever before, there is greater awareness of the problem of child sexual exploitation (CSE). The issue of CSE is regularly covered by mainstream media and both current and historical investigations are bringing more perpetrators to justice.
Above all, society is becoming more aware of how it should protect its children.
Awareness of a problem is just the beginning and creating a nationally recognised qualification that investigates how to deal with the early signs of CSE can only improve how we lower the incidences of this type of exploitation. Working in partnership with educators and CSE experts, we have developed an Child Sexual Exploitation online qualification that has been approved by OfQual alongside other Safeguarding qualifications within our CSE e-learning portal.
There is a very high level of demand for this qualification from customer-facing agencies such as taxi drivers, educators, retail staff and security staff. Some councils are already requiring licensed operators, such a taxi drivers, council workers, teachers, carers, and anyone else who comes into contact with a child to have a formal qualification in CSE as an immediate way to help prevent the exploitation of children.
The CSE qualification enables learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of:
- the importance of protecting children and young people from sexual exploitation
- the importance of confidentiality when dealing with children and young people who have been sexually exploited
- the legislation applicable to safeguarding children and young people
- how those who report suspected issues of sexual exploitation of children or young people are protected
Our Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) content enables any adult, parent or individual to go through our Level 2 qualification to gain the basic knowledge and understanding of this subject. Levels 3 and 4 are coming soon.
The lessons we have available for CSE are:
- 1.1 - Terminology of and types of abuse
- 1.2 - Being online and using a mobile phone
- 1.3 - Safeguarding
- 1.4 - How to Respond
- 1.5 - The rights of children and young people
- 2.1 - Importance of confidentiality
- 2.2 - Confidentiality
- 2.3 - Organisations and agencies involved in safeguarding
- 2.4 - Partnership working
- 2.5 - Your roles and responsibilities
- 3.1 - Current legislation, guidelines and policies
- 3.2 - Explain the policies that are in place
- 3.3 - Reporting procedures
- 3.4 - Actions to take
- 3.5 - Documentation for recording
- 4.1 - Whistleblowers
- 4.2 - Protect yourselves
The Qualification: This ProQual Level 2 Award in Understanding Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) qualification is delivered online by EDLounge Ltd. We have a unique teaching and learning centre (67674A) working across the learning spectrum with schools and academies, students on alternative curriculums, home educated students, apprentices and adult learners.
In April 2015, in response to demand for CSE awareness programmes for employees who regularly interact with children, we introduced the opportunity to complete the ProQual Level 2 Award in Understanding Child Sexual Exploitation qualification via our bespoke distance learning platform and CSE portal.
The EDLounge CSE platform (www.csequals.com) offers learners access to coursework, relevant resources, online support (8.30am – 8.30pm) and tutors who are specialists in the CSE qualification and our assessment portfolio. We have our own inbuilt assessment tracking, verification and standardisation platform that dramatically simplifies the learning process.
EDLounge is accessible on any internet connected device so that our students can work towards their CSE qualification anywhere that they have access to the internet and whenever it is convenient for them.
We also provide CSE qualification training sessions at our offices near Sheffield.