The availability and use of New Psychoactive Substances (previously known as 'legal highs' and sometimes referred to as 'illegal highs') has become an area of concern for parents, teachers, politicians and, indeed, for a large cross section of our society.
Awareness of a problem with 'illegal highs' is the start. Working in partnership with educators and drugs awareness experts, we have created a suite of lessons that complements our current range of 'Abuse and Misuse of Substances' content.
The content aims to cover aspects of:
- how the use of 'illegal highs' has developed over time
- the issues surrounding the use of 'illegal highs'
- the legislation applicable to 'illegal highs'
The lessons we have are:
- Changing Perspectives: Information and Education
- Definitions and Types of NPS
- Drug Classifications
- Expected Effects of NPS
- Health Issues Related to NPS
- How NPSs are Administered
- Side Effects of NPS
- The Implications of NPS Use
- The Law and NPS ('Illegal Highs')
- What Makes NPS Products?
- Why are they Illegal?