EDLounge is an alternative learning resource that can be personalised for your individual learners, allowing you to deliver targeted literacy pathways for your students. Along with whole school approaches, our method is ideal for KS1-KS4 students and transition students who are:
- Closing their attainment gaps
- Following catch up programmes
- In an intervention environment
- Struggling with mainstream English language and literature aspects
Any student can access EDLounge anywhere and at any time to develop their knowledge and understanding in a range of subjects and improve their literacy skills. Our resource aims to develop your pupils' literacy skills taking into account their current literacy levels so you can target areas an individual pupil needs to develop. From basic spelling to forming complex sentences, your pupils are able to develop their skills at a pace that suits them, whether this is placed in their own personal pathways or accessed through independent, structured and individual learning pathways.
“Developing the students' literacy skills continues to be a whole school focus at Canons High School. In timetabled lessons, EDLounge is taught to two option groups (Year 9-11). Students are given a copy of the English Library contents. They first self-assess their strengths and areas for development. I then target the weaker areas as part of their personal pathways.”
Ingrid Vidal, Canons High School
EDLounge is an effective tool for developing literacy skills by providing access to:
- Over 5,500 lessons in a wide range of subjects including a range of English language lessons geared at different levels
- Interactive puzzles, quizzes and games to develop knowledge and understanding
- A large bank of keywords and definitions for pupils to refer to when completing lessons
- Tracking and monitoring so you can view and evaluate progress
- A positive, motivational learning environment which encourages pupils to learn independently
- A cross-curricular approach with keyword puzzles, end of topic quizzes for each literacy topic
Our unique approach also makes EDLounge the perfect resource for students who are in inclusion or exclusion, alongside vocational and foundation learners, target groups, and students who are vulnerable, at risk, not attending classes, persistently absent, not doing homework, disengaged or demotivated whose literacy is causing a concern within mainstream education.
For more information about EDLounge, a two week free trial or a live online demo of the functionality of the online learning platform, contact us on 01909 568 338 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference code 'literacy'.