Registration and Certification Policy
EDLounge aims to be inclusive for ALL and provide a quality service. Literally anyone anywhere can learn through EDQuals. As long as they can access the world wide web then they can get started. The whole process should be simple for individuals, schools and establishments. EDlounge staff and support will help 24/7 regarding this issue via the online chat and FAQs
- to register individual learners to the correct programme within agreed timescales.
- to claim valid learner certificates within agreed timescales.
- to construct a secure, accurate and accessible audit trail to ensure that individual learner registration and certification claims can be tracked to the certificate which is issued for each learner
In order to do this, EDLounge will:
- register each learner within the awarding body requirements
- provide a mechanism for programme teams to check the accuracy of learner registrations
- make each learner aware of their registration status
- inform the awarding body of withdrawals, transfers or changes to learner details
The EDLounge registration and certification process:
- STAGE 1: Contact EDLounge about the students using EDLounge and EDQuals (TEL: 01909 568 338). The students are assigned usernames, passwords and PIN numbers alongside their candidate number.
We would register each individual candidate via the examination boards online system if a school / educational establishment is :
- new to the process
- wants EDLounge to do all IV / Assessing / LIV – i.e. the whole process
- has lost the IV / LIV at their centre
- does not have experience
- local council
OTHER ESTABLISHMENTS THAT THE EXAMINATION BOARD DOES NOT GRANT PERMISSION
- STAGE 2: Register the individuals with the relevant examination / governing body.
- STAGE 3: An individual completes the learning lessons, does tasks to gain knowledge, answers quizzes and questions. They then complete preliminary tasks to gain Knowledge and understanding.
- STAGE 4: They then download the assignment brief from EDLounge. Complete tasks to match assessment criteria.
- STAGE 5: Uploading evidence into submission files is like attaching a document to an email.
- STAGE 6: This piece of coursework is then submitted to the EDQ Support team ready to be process and assessed by EDQuals Pre assessors, Assessors, IV, and LIV.
- STAGE 7: The Assessors, IV, and LIV quality assure and check the work done.
- STAGE 8: Feedback, Targets, Gradings and Comments.
- STAGE 9: When an External Verifiers looks at an individual e-portfolio, assignments, units, briefs, comments and targets they see the complete system and process in use with just a simple tool because any aspect of this process can be viewed instantaneously with a touch of the button so that work can be reviewed by anyone, anytime, anywhere. Group and pupil analysis can also occur with clear graphical data.
- STAGE 10:
- YOU GET THE SUCCESS!
- WE GET OUR REWARD AND SUCCESS WHICH IS HOPEFULLY THE FACT THAT INDIVIDUALS WILL GET QUALITY ASSESSMENT AND VERIFICATION THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE PROCESS WHICH WILL POTENTIALLY HELP THEM IN THE FUTURE IN SOCIETY AND HE WORLD OF WORK
OUR CERTIFICATION STAGES
We will then :
- Ensure that certificate claims are timely and based solely on internally verified assessment records
- ISSUE CERTIFICATES TO SCHOOLS, ESTABLISHMENTS, INDIVIDUALS
- Audit certificate claims made to the awarding body
- Audit the certificates received from the awarding body to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Keep all records safely and securely for three years post certification
All information, files, and data will be stored, and backed up onto secure servers in the cloud, a secure remote site and within EDLounge premises.
This policy will be reviewed every 12 months.